For immediate release- May 04th, 2021
This last year has been an absolute rollercoaster ride with the on-going challenges we face due to the result of the COVID-19 global pandemic. It has been amazing to the see the local community of Squamish and the Sea-to-Sky pull together and adapt their business model to adhere to the current restrictions. We have seen a lot of resiliance, determination, and positivity that have come through this storm, which is very inspiring to see. We applaud you for all your continous hard work.
The Squamish Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that we have launched a Grant Writing Support program for our local businesses and non-profit organizations. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the provincial and federal governments have released grants to support small-to-medium sized businesses in COVID-19 related recovery.
The Squamish Chamber Grant Support Services provides Squamish businesses with free access to grant writing support, with the goal of supporting the Squamish business community and our local economy. The Squamish Chamber is grateful to the District of Squamish via the BC Restart Grant to make this program possible.
Through these difficult times, we realize there is a lot of grant information out there that can be overwhelming to read through. We hope that this additional service will benefit our community and alleviate some of the extra work needed to submit grant applications.
Why Use a Grant Writer?
The use of a Grant Writer comes with many different benefits:
• This services is free through the Chamber for our local businesses for both members and non-members
• Resources and time may be limited; the grant writer can take on this project while you maintain focus on your prioritized tasks
• It takes away unnecessary stress
• You are in control of what information you would like to be communicated; there will be an opportunity for revision and comment when paired with a grant writer
• Quicker turnaround time
• Improves chances of success as your working with a skilled grant writer
• Grant writers can provide objective and constructive advice to improve your messaging
How Our Program Works
Step One: The Chamber will administer through the requests from local businesses; please fill out the request form and to determine eligibility
Step Two: Once your request has been reviewed and accepted we will pair you with one of our grant writers to support you during this process
Step Three: Conect with your grant writer to discuss next steps and commence the writing process
Step Four: Review period with your grant writer
Step Five: Chamber pays the writer, once your time has concluded
Step Six: Fill out the survey on experience and any additional feedback on the program
To see further information, please visit our Grants Supports Services Page.
Helpful Tips for Working with a Grant Writer
These tips are not mandatory but suggestions before you discuss your proposal:
• Identifiy the grant you are applying to and overview of information
• Why would your business benefit from this grant?
• What would the impact be on the business and those you provide for?
• How much funding does your business need to implement the program or project?
• Background/description of your business and the services provided
• Staffing inofrmation to implement the program as needed
• Photographs, logos, statistics, budget plans etc., that helps explain an organization’s story
• All shared information will be confidential between the grant writer and client
The Squamish Chamber of Commerce continues to strive to support our community.